The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
- Mrs E Martin is the Head Teacher
- is our designated SEN Governor
- Miss Taws is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 01207 232059 or sending an email to: email@example.com
Miss Taws is our Deputy Headteacher and SENCO. She has many years’ experience of working with pupils and their families at South Stanley Junior School and has extensive knowledge and understanding of SEND.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.