It is important that any learning difficulties] are picked up as early as possible. At South Stanley Juniors we track pupil progress really closely to ensure that this happens.
We do this by:
- Collecting evidence from teacher observations/ assessments.
- Tracking your child’s progress through:
- National curriculum testing.
- Other tests e.g. phonic tests.
- Tests to identify any specific problems e.g. movement difficulties
- Records from other schools your child has attended
- Information from parents/carers
If we have concerns about the progress a pupil is making, we may refer them to other professionals for assessment.
These might include:
- Health professionals e.g. Camhs
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Educational Psychologist
- Learning Support Service – a service who can carry out assessments for a range of SEND
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.