As with our other year groups, Year 6 will this week be focusing on transition tasks. Look on your new school’s transition pages for more information! However, there will also be the usual English and maths tasks for children to work through.
6S English and Maths
We’d love to see some of your creative writing this week. Feel free to send it into school via email!
Watch this video on the Literacy Shed website: https://www.literacyshed.com/tabula-rasa.html
‘Tabula Rasa’ means ‘blank slate’. Next year, you’ll be starting in a new school, with new friends and teachers. It’s a fresh start and a blank slate! In this video, however, the ‘blank slate’ is open to interpretation.
- Who or what does the ‘blank slate’ refer to, in your opinion?
- Write vivid descriptions of this alien world.
- Discuss why the robot is doing this. What makes him (or inspires him to) do it?
- Write the story from 1st person or 3rd person point of view.
- How does the robot get to this point in the story? What happened prior to us meeting him for the first time? Is he the only thing left alive on Earth?
Please continue to work through your ‘Catch Up KS2’ booklet and of course Reading Plus.
This week’s topic is data handling – specifically, interpreting charts and graphs.
Lesson 1 – Interpret charts 2020
Lesson 1 Answers – Interpret charts
Lesson 2 – Comparison sum and difference
Lesson 2 Answers – Comparison sum and difference
Lesson 3 – Introducing line graphs
Lesson 3 Answers – Introducing line graphs
Lesson 4 – Line graphs
Lesson 4 Answers – Line graphs
These links might be useful. The ‘Premier League Primary Stars’ page also has some great challenges!